For Substitute Teachers
Our district welcomes all qualified substitue teachers and substitute classified personnel to apply. All applicants must have completed the registration process with the Regional Office of Education. The office is located on the third floor of the Jackson County Courthouse, 1001 Walnut Street, Murphysboro, Illinois.
- In applying at the Regional Office of Education, you may be asked to submit the following to complete your registration:
- Submit a copy of your social security card and driver's license or state ID
- Submit a copy of your substitute or teacher certificate
- Complete a State and Federal Background Check on site at the Regional Office. All applicants must make an appointment to complete this CBI check. No walk-ins will be accepted.
- Submit a copy of your college transcripts (if applicable)
- Submit a copy of documentation showing a completed physical and TB test
All interested applicants for substitute teaching will be redirected to the Regional Office of Education. Fees for services through the Regional Office of Education may apply. The office can be reached at (618) 687-7290. Once an applicant has been approved by the Regional Office of Education, he/she may contact us to discuss substituting in our district.
CES95 Administrative Center
925 S. Giant City Road
Carbondale, IL 62902
t: (618) 457-3591
f: (618) 457-2043